Hi Nick,

the Ubuntu distribution contains only the core library. If you want to
use all features of BaseX, we recommend you to download the BaseX ZIP
archive directly from our homepage.

As you may have seen, Kralj Karlo has proposed a new BaseX package for
UNIX-based platforms some days ago. This package could possibly be
used for a future Ubuntu distribution. Feel free to give it a try and
share your feedback with us!

Best,
Christian