At

https://words.fromoldbooks.org/Search/

a search for henry shows lots of matches, and sodoes a search for henry
i, but henry ii and henry viis missing and so is henry viii.

I can search for viii and find Henry VIII and also Charles VIII, but i
also can't search for Charles VIII.

I can search for the king’s feet, and for Henry V, but not Charles II.

It looks like words ending in ii are invisible.

I'm using ft:search("wobo", $term)/ancestor-or-self::p

Might this be related to stemming? i have that turned off

This is used to create the db (from the Perl API)

  # create query instance
  t("drop db wobo");
  t("create db wobo");
  t("open wobo");
  $session->send("set chop false");
  $session->send("set ftindex true");
  $session->send("set updindex true");
  $session->send("set autooptimize true");

  txf("/home/liam/w/Search/wobo.xml");

  t("create index attribute");
  t("create index text");
  t("create index fulltext");
  t("optimize");
  t("close");
  t("quit");

where t() just does a $session->execute() on its argument after
printing a trace line, and txf does a delete followed by an add.

Probably i can make a test case available if needed.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org