Hi all -

I imagine that Dr. Kay has posted about this in multiple places, but I
don't know if he's posting on the BaseX list much. He shared the following
links with his thoughts on XPath, XSLT, XQuery, and F&O version 4.0 [1] - I
don't know how many implementers we have on this list, outside of Christian
and co., but thought you all might find it interesting.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.
Best,
Bridger

PS I found this announcement on the XML.com Slack channel, fyi.

[1] Mike Kay's post from Slack:
I've been working on fleshing out my ideas for XSLT/XPath 4.0, based on my
XML Prague paper earlier this year. I'm hoping to gather together a
community group of some kind to take this forward; meanwhile I've published
a very preliminary set of drafts:
XSLT: https://www.saxonica.com/qt4specs/XT/Overview-diff.html
F&O: https://www.saxonica.com/qt4specs/FO/Overview-diff.html
XPath: https://www.saxonica.com/qt4specs/XP/xpath-40-diff.html
XQuery: https://www.saxonica.com/qt4specs/XQ/xquery-40-diff.html
Preparing for the rotten tomatoes: let me know what you think and whether
you want to participate.
NOTE: each document has a summary of changes at the end. It's probably best
to go there first.