Andy and Martin -

with apologies, I didn't express my problem very well! Martin, you're
correct with your example

`map { 'key': array { 1 to 5 } }`

and that was part of my struggle; i.e. "It works this way but not that way
- what am I doing wrong?" Andy noticed the source of my dilemma: I a using
map:merge#2, with `map { "duplicates": "combine" }` -- Andy, thank you for
catching that. I was entirely too caught up in a different part of the
documentation.

I'm creating these maps from loose text, where keys are word pairs and
values are value* (0, 1, or many). I'll come back with a better example of
my problem, although I think you've both given me food for thought.
Thank you both so much for your help!
Best,
Bridger