Hi Huib,

We decided to discontinue the support for an official Docker image as
there are too many ways to build Docker files that resulted in
confusion on the mailing list.

The latest developments have been documented on GitHub [1]. We are
still looking for someone who’d be interested in maintaining a version
that, though…

Thanks for your observations on current vulnerabilities.
Unfortunately, the dependencies are due to libraries that are not in
our hands: xstream is required by XQJ, jdom is required by WebDAV (you
can e.g. call mvn dependency:tree to get more insight). If the
extensions are not required in a project, you can simply drop them, or
ignore them (if the libraries are not used, they won’t cause
problems).

Best,
Christian

[1] https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/issues/2051