Hi,

When I developed the Basex client for R, I ran into problems with the socket for a long time. In the end it turned out that in R I had to configure the socket as a non-blocking socket. This solved all performance issues! I am now trying to develop a client for SWI-prolog. Because that low-level compiler doesn't support using sockets enough, I need to develop a library in C++ first. And in doing so, I again run into problems with the socket.

The basex documentation just says to use a socket. But there is no information on how to configure the socket itself.

My question is how do I configure the client side of the socket for optimal use?

Ben Engbers