Christian,

Thanks indeed to both you and Gunther Rademacher!

Excellent work!

Patrick

On 2/21/23 06:41, Christian Grün wrote:
Hi Jonathan, hi Patrick,

The new serialization parameter 'indent-attributes' is already available [1]:

(: provided globally :)
declare option output:indent 'yes';
declare option output:indent-attributes 'yes';
<e a='a' b='b' c='c'/>

(: provided locally :)
serialize(
   <e a='a' b='b' c='c'/>,
   map {
     'indent-attributes': true(),
     'indent': true()
   }
)

Result:
<e a="a"
    b="b"
    c="c"/>

Thank you to Gunther Rademacher, who contributed the code solution!

A new stable snapshot is available [2]. The serialization parameter
may officially be supported with XQuery 4 [3].

Hope this helps,
Christian

[1] https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Serialization
[2] https://files.basex.org/releases/latest/