The logs look inconspicuous indeed. Some more questions:

• You mentioned that the Jetty server “goes down”. What does that
mean? Does it simply block any further requests? Do you have a 100%
CPU workload?
• Which BaseX services are enabled in your web.xml? Does Jetty stall
if you disable all REST, RESTXQ, and/or WebDAV?

Best,
Christian