Hi Daniel,

I tried to reproduce the behavior:

>   * place the cursor in the XQuery window

Just to be sure: You are pointing to the (as we call it) input bar,
containing the dropdown menu for the input mode and the text field,
right [1]?

>   * hit Strg-A to mark the line so I can start with a new query

And just a note: When placing the cursor in this field, previously
entered should automatically be highlighted. Maybe that depends on the
OS, I’m not sure.

>   * enter a slash to my XPath, it jumps back to a random entry in the
> history, and does appends my slash to that entry. This does not make sense to
> me at all.

That doesn’t sounds reasonable. It seems to work on my system, though,
and I cannot remember something has been changed.

Does it also happen with BaseX 9.7.3 or BaseX 10.0? Which OS and Java
version are you using?

Thanks in advance
Christian

[1] https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Graphical_User_Interface#Input_Bar