Hi all,
Thanks so much, Christian - I didn't mean to chase you for an answer, just
unsure who can see what where, and also wanted to ensure your answer was
visible on this forum :)
Eliot, SchXslt that Daniel mentions is well worth a look - the de facto
reference implementation now that the "skeleton" one is archived.
XQS is at an early stage, but am hopeful it can gain some traction,
especially in the XQuery community. If you are still open to it, I may
take you up on your kind offer.

Thanks,
Andrew