On 07/05/2024 17:15, ykhab...@bellsouth.net wrote:
Hello,

Trying to install BaseX via launching BaseX110-20240320.152714.exe in
Windows 10 OS environment in a corporate environment.
The build version is irrelevant. I tried few of them with the same outcome.
Even running the installation as "Run as administrator".
Also, I am a local admin on the PC.

Unfortunately, I am getting the following error message dialog box:

---------------------------
BaseX Setup
---------------------------
Please install Java 11 or higher before executing the installer.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Somehow the BaseX setup cannot find Java on the machine.
Though the OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.8.1+1 (build 17.0.8.1+1)
is installed.
The current BaseX installation is working properly.

1) Executing this XQuery in BaseX GUI to get Java VM properties:
for $p in proc:property-names()[starts-with(., 'java.vm.')]
return $p || ': ' || proc:property($p)

It emits the following:

java.vm.compressedOopsMode: 32-bit
java.vm.info: mixed mode, sharing
java.vm.name: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
java.vm.specification.name: Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.vm.specification.version: 17
java.vm.vendor: Eclipse Adoptium
java.vm.version: 17.0.8.1+1

2) Issuing PATH statement at the command prompt shows the following:
PATH=C:\Program Files\Eclipse
Adoptium\jre-17.0.8.101-hotspot\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;...

If you use

  java -version

at the command prompt, does it give 17?