This email is to follow up the business I brought up at the March 4 meeting. My
apologies for not sending this sooner.

Within the last several weeks, it occurred to me that my Meetup.com account is
no longer personal to me. Bay Area Ghost Hunters, now falls under the corporate
umbrella of the recently filed West Coast Paranormal Events, Inc., so it has
become rather awkward for me to allow the BASFA group to piggyback at WCPE's
expense. For those who want to refer to the page, it can be found at:

https://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Science-Fiction-Association/

For those who aren't familiar with Meetup, organizers pay for their spaces on
the website and can have up to three groups on their accounts. Their plans have
changed over the years, but at present BAGH is paying $89.94 every six months
for its presence there. Explaining to my board why I'm giving BASFA space is
something I cannot justify, especially if they might find another use for it.

So, I can immediately think of three options on how BASFA wants to deal with it:

1.    WCPE and BASFA can split the cost.
2.    I can turn the organizer (admin) privileges over to an officer and BASFA
can take complete ownership over its page.
3.    Remove the group from Meetup altogether.

It is fairly common on Meetup for an organizer to step down from a group
without nominating a replacement. When they do this, an offer goes out to the
all of the group's on-line members to take it over. If I do that, there's no
promise who would take it over and it would likely lose its connection to
BASFA. I also wouldn't want to take the chance that an outsider would continue
to use BASFA's name. That would create two BASFA groups to confuse people. (I
really don't want to go  through the time-consuming hassle of cleaning off all
the BASFA details before I let it go.)
Considering BASFA's Meetup page has attracted nearly 600 members and bring
fresh faces to its meetings, it might be worth holding onto.
If BASFA opts to take complete ownership over its Meetup page, it would become
easier to collect money through the rsvp process because it could go directly
to a BASFA account. Meetup has a couple of other "organizer subscription"
options, but I believe BASFA already has the one that suits it best. (I don't
think Meetup Pro is worth it.) However, if you want to consider the other price
plans, you can find them at:

BASFA might choose another alternative once the group has thought it over. For
instance, if BASFA takes ownership, it could hand admin responsibility over to
Ken Patterson and split the cost with Legion of Rassilon, giving LOR a presence
on Meetup. (Or perhaps, we can split it three ways.)

I ask the officers and group to consider how they want to handle this. I'll be
at the April 8 meeting to find out what your decision is.

Adrienne Foster
"BASFA Meetup Committee"