>From the Air Force Association "Daily Report" 15 October 2019

Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov, First Man to Walk in Space, Dies at 85
Alexei Leonov, the first person to make a spacewalk and the Russian most likely
to have been first on the moon if the Soviet Union had won the space race, died
in Moscow on Oct 11 at age 85. Leonov was one of the first class of cosmonauts,
having been a Soviet air force pilot, and was the last survivor of that group.
He walked in space in 1965, barely making it back inside his Voshkod
spacecraft. He also commanded the Russian half of the 1975 Apollo-Soyuz Test
Project, the first linkup of Russian and American spacecraft in orbit. In later
years he was a writer and painter, penning a history of the space race with
American astronaut David Scott. Read the full story by John A. Tirpak.

Gerald D. Nordley
gdnord...@aol.com
www.gdnordley.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kennita Watson via Basfa <basfa@lists.basfa.org>
To: Ken Patterson <dpriso...@dvillage.org>
Cc: Ken Patterson via Basfa <basfa@lists.basfa.org>
Sent: Mon, Oct 14, 2019 11:33 pm
Subject: Re: [Basfa] BASFA Meeting #1521 – Monday, October 7, 2019

  While occasionally someone will mention Ghandi in referring to football or
bread, nine times in ten people are referring to the greatest peacenik ever.
I must say the instructions for removing a word from the dictionary are
confusing, though I almost do it accidentally on my phone every few days... If
I had "Ghandi" in my dictionary, I think I'd try to remove it just to make me
think twice when I see it.

 In any case, thanks for stepping up.  Cheers.