Correction: Kate Hatcher was the chair of Westercon 72 (SpikeCon/NASFiC 2019),
not the head of the Masquerade.

Tall Kevin

From: Basfa <basfa-boun...@lists.basfa.org> On Behalf Of melchar via Basfa
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 5:38 PM
To: BASFA list <ba...@basfa.org>
Subject: [Basfa] BASFA minutes for March 9

[Caution: External sender, beware of phishing]
Minutes of Meeting #1543
Monday, March 9, 2020

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp & Laser Pistol Packin’ Mama, Sergeants at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at the Black Bear Diner, Milpitas

Called to order at 8pm
18 people attended

We established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1542 were accepted as 'unsanitized' [lots to Dave]

the Treasurer reported that at meeting 1542 we took in $0 in the regular jar &
$2.25 in the party jar - AND that way off in the mists of time at meeting 1502
we took in $0.25 in the regular jar & $1.50 in the party jar

the VP reported 'I got nothing'

the President had nothing fannish to report

the Sports Committee reported that there will be a BASFA outing to the SJGiants
Harry Potter night on Friday, July 31. VIP Deck $59/ticket includes food &
beverage. Email Ken at ba...@p4tt.com<mailto:ba...@p4tt.com> to get in on this!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Fred announced that the Contact conference is being postponed

John announced that at this point in time Consonance is still going to be held
in 2 weeks; Lisa followed, saying ... maybe - keep checking their website =
www.consonance.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.consonance.org__;!!Lw3mCg!X3fpzCsr44n3KtTyh6r0UZ3xaaFAOlHXPurkTg2fb0b9LnoTbBlD7yLpm7f2kqkpehoCK7X1vw$>

Dave C announced that Norwescon is not yet planning to cancel

Ken announced that Burning Cat has been postponed & announced that Max von
Sydow had passed away

Dierdre announced that Kate Hatcher who ran the Westercon 72 Masquerade has
also died

Dave G announced that this Friday, March 13, the Hugo nominations close

REVIEWS:
Dave G reviewed being a poll-worker for the first-ever time at the 2020 primary
election & that for the most part things went smoothly.  Rated it as a useful &
worthwhile experience & a good way to spend 15 hours

Gerry reviewed MarsCon as missing a general book dealer at the Dealer's room &
he felt the lack. He also had a 'close encounter' on one panel & recommends the
Minn, MN airport Hilton

Fred reviewed FogCon as done well & pleasant

John reviewed 'Call of the Wild' as the movie was very well done

we did auctions

we adjourned at 8:44

Rumor of the week was 'Spring forward, fall out of bed'

--
She/whispered/'Oh/my/goodness/what/are/all/these/squirrels/doing/here?'