From: Tonny Kohar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 9:16 PM
To: 'batik-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Re: Mix SVG and Swing components

Hi,

I am required to add Swing components to the SVG canvas. I want to use

the

batik extensions.
The trouble I am facing is in the actual rendering class:

The output I am getting in the JSVGCanvas is a static version of

JTextField.

I cannot enter characters or do anything with it. Any ideas? I believe if I can access JSVGCanvas or the related class where
the components are being rendered, then I can directly add my swing
component to it. But couldn't get how to get it. Batik developers pls.

help.

I do not know how to solve your problem, but as far as I know the batik
GVT part is render the SVG stuff into Image that will be painted into
the JSVGCanvas. The package org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer is where the
rendering stuff.

How about extending JSVGCanvas or its parent paintComponent method and
adding your textField there. Or maybe wrap JSVGCanvas and your textfield
into custom component and using Java JComponent layer or z-order
capability.

Regards
Tonny Kohar