Hi Thomas.

Thomas DeWeese:
>    I have a working implementation of getElementById built around
> a Document Hash Table.  It handles all the nasty cases pretty well.

Nice!  Have you handled the case where (in DOM 3) an attribute is set to
be an id attribute?  I can try to modify your implementation for the
svg12 branch once you check it in, if not.

>    My current inclination would be to have getElementById
> "search" the entire 'fragment' it is associated with (document
> or disconnected subtree).  This still diverges from Adobe where
> they will search the main tree even when called on a disconnected
> subtree, but this is probably more in keeping with what will be
> needed for Shadow tree's.

That seems sensible to me.

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au           icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/            msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au