Hi,

 I am using the 1.0 release of Batik SVG api. I have a class extending the
JSVGComponent and successful in modifying properties of some dom elements and getting
it rendered on the canvas. Using the setSVGDocument() after modifying the current
svgDocument.

 This works perfectly on Windows browsers IE5.5, Netscape 4.7 (with the Java 1.3
plugin). But Netscape 4.76 on Solaris is a total mess. It does not repaint the applet
after the DOM is modified and the setSVGDocument() is called.

 I have tried calling invalidate(), validate(), repaint(), immediateRepaint() and they
don't work.

 Is this related to the doublebuffering and or the progressive paint thread being used
in the JSVGComponent?

 I have set doublebufferedrendering and progressivepaint to false but this does not
help either.

 any clues?

thanks in advance,
-sheetal

Buy Lagaan & Yaadein music for 30% less.
Avail this special offer at
http://shopping.rediff.com/shopping/music/offerrediffmailer.htm