Sorry to keep posting, but I think I found the problem in my logging.  For the
SVGMatrix, I was outputting:

A B C
D E F

where it should be:

A C E
B D F

So the target's view box transform and the target screen CTM DO match.  I just
keep screwing up how matrices are represented.  It was confusing because B and
D are both zero so I thought the bottom row was just out of order.

Visually, however, this is still off.  The translation seems to be what's
missing; again, the target document seems to ALWAYS be anchored to the upper
left.  I can use the ZOOM interactor on the source canvas (affecting the target
canvas), then use the PAN interactor on the target canvas (not affecting the
source) and get it close, if not exact given the granularity of the pan
interactor keys.

Michael