Hi Mathieu,

> The problem is that i don't know how to deal with the sources of batik: I
> donwloaded these (and the patch) but i don't know how i can apply this patch
> and re-create the jars of the library (Do i need to use a specific ide?).

Naturally, you'll need a JDK [1] or equivalent for building the
sources. To build Batik, one only needs to invoke the build command
line utility ("build.bat" for Windows, "build.sh" for Linux/Mac). Note
that you need to define the "JAVA_HOME" system variable (pointing out
to your JDK directory).

You probably want to use the target "jars" to build the jars (as in
"build jars" or "./build.sh jars") and/or "squiggle" to help testing
the patch in test files, if there are any.

> I already downloaded Eclipse, but when I try to open the batik sources, many
> unresolved import errors are reported.

I've see reports of users using Eclipse, but I don't know about any
formal procedure to setup things.

> I searched the batik website for any explanation (as i read in the REDME
> file) but i found nothing about compiling this sources (and applying
> pathches).

Applying patches is way out of Batik's scope, so it's expected that
you find no information regarding this. Crawling a bit on the subject
will probably lead to multiple on-line guides. If you are on Windows
and are fond of GUIs, you may for example use TortoiseMerge [2] to
help you on the task (but there are a lot more freely available
patch/merge tools). ;-)

It's weird that no information is found in the README file, although
related information can be found in "contrib/rasterizertask/README".
I'd suggest that a bit of the "build" related information was ported
to the main README file. :-)

> Thanks a lot!

Hope this helps,
 Helder