Hi Johan,

> I had the same problem and couldn't find any quality settings. I did find a
> protected method of transcoders: createRenderer(), which returns an
> ImageRenderer. You can set Java2D rendering hints on this class. By creating
> a simple subclass you can tell the ImageRenderer to use the highest possible
> quality:
[code snippet]

Thanks for sharing! :-)

I'd say you should be able to achieve a similar similar result by
tweaking the content to use the intended rendering properties [1]
configured for quality. ;-)

Nevertheless, it sounds interesting to be able to set a rendering hint
in order to force different quality settings:
 * "highest" (for printing/perfection);
 * "lowest" (for performance/reduce memory consumption) .
I'd say this was interesting to see in the framework. (Unless I'm
missing something and this is possibly already covered...) Could you
raise a request for enhancement for the SVG Rasterizer in the bug
tracker? Please include a link to this mailing list thread. This
bookmark [2] should help if you have any difficulties! ;-)

The provided code snippet is pretty similar to what's already being
done in the transcoder classes, so I'd even invite you to rehearse a
patch! :-)

> Regards,
>
> Johan

Cheers,
 Helder

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#RenderingProperties
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?bug_file_loc=http%3A%2F%2Fold.nabble.com%2FRendering-precision-td27459379.html&bug_severity=enhancement&component=SVG%20Rasterizer&form_name=enter_bug&op_sys=All&priority=P4&product=Batik&rep_platform=PC&target_milestone=---&version=1.8