On 03/27/2015 11:46 AM, Luis Bernardo wrote:

Note that unless you need to use CMYK colors or you face some of few
bugs that have been fixed since 1.7 there is no need to upgrade. Batik
has been mostly inactive since 1.7 and the main developments in Batik
(except for CMYK) are only likely to be noticeable if you use FOP.

There is security vulnerability on 1.7 (CVE-2015-0250). Unless a 7.1.1 is released with the fix, a migration to 1.8 is a must if you read SVGs from users

On 3/27/15 4:51 PM, Jess Holle wrote:
Batik 1.8 seems to have removed the
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation class, whereas this
class is present in 1.7.

Yet the Batik site itself provides examples using this class.

So what's the story here?

I ask as I am trying to move to Batik 1.8, but we have a class which
is using SVGDOMImplementation (for its SVG_NAMESPACE_URI constant and
its getDOMImplementation() method) and thus cannot currently move to 1.8.

I am mystified as to how I am supposed to be able to move to 1.8 --
and why this API change is not clearly noted in the release notes.

--
Jess Holle