Von: Jared Jurkiewicz (jjurkiew) [mailto:jjurk...@cisco.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Mai 2015 15:29
An: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Question regarding Batik Transcode of SVG to Image

Anyone?  I am rather stuck here.

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz

From: Cisco Employee <jjurk...@cisco.com<mailto:jjurk...@cisco.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:42 AM
To:
"batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>"
<batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>>

Folks,
I have transcoding of SVG -> PNG generally working fine.   However, I have
encountered an issue where Japanese, Chinese, and Korean (basically any asian
language), glyphs do not render correctly.  In my browser I see them render
fine, but when I send them down into Batik all that comes out are images that
have squares where the glyphs should be.   I am running batik on a RedHat
Enterprise Linux system, and it supposedly does have the xorg misc fonts
installed for Japanese, Chinese, and so on.

How does Batik decide what glyph to render and insert it?  Is it possibly just
a an OS missing font issue?   Can you give me some guidance on how to proceed
in isolating the cause?

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz