Hi,

I am maintaining some software that currently uses Batik 1.7 and fop
0.95 (I know!).  Because of the security problem CVE-2015-0250
(https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2015-0250) the
customer wants us to upgrade Batik to 1.8.  But 1.8 suffers from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-1125 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-1111.

Actually, that may be only in the versions uploaded to Maven, but they
are biting me in any case.  There are simple SVG files that Batik 1.8
from the mvn repo doesn't work on.

It looks to me like Batik 1.7.1 would be perfect for me.  The Batik
downloads page says "Note that the only change between versions 1.7.1
and 1.7 and between versions 1.6.1 and 1.6 is the security fix for the
XXE vulnerability CVE-2015-0250" which would be great.

Unfortunately, I can't find any version of 1.7.1 on any Maven repo.  I
suppose that it is possible to download 1.7.1 by hand, then extract
the jars I need, then figure out how to get them into my project, but
the mvn-type dependency resolution is so nice.

So, does anyone know where I can find 1.7.1 on a mvn repo (or is able
to upload a new one)?

Or, is there an updated 1.8 somewhere that doesn't have the problems
in the current 1.8?

Or, should I be emailing another email list?  Is this more appropriate
to the developers' list?

Thanks,

Michael