I am trying to move my saxon/fop project to Java 11 or 12.

I am using maven and fop 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT, as 2.3 leads to failures.

The SNAPSHOT has less problems, but brings the failure

[WARNING] Can't extract module name from batik-script-1.11.0-SNAPSHOT.jar: Provider class org.apache.batik.bridge.RhinoInterpreterFactory not in module

similar to the failure requrest

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2017-April/012151.html.

I also tried to find a solution here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54660441/how-to-setup-a-maven-project-using-fop-and-java-11

with improvements but without final success.

Question: do you know of any project using Batik with Java >= version 9? How do they cope with automatic modules for and dependencies of Batik?