>>>>> On 4 Apr 95, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Robert P. Goldman) wrote:

  goldman> Thanks for the tip, but actually, it isn't quite right --- since I
  goldman> am in the states, by and large I want to use North American phone
  goldman> numbers.  But when I'm editing a NON-NA phone number, I don't want
  goldman> it to be incorrectly read as one.

  goldman> What I would like is to have the
  goldman> bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p flag TEMPORARILY bound to nil
  goldman> when I am editing a non-NA phone number.

I'm not sure if this will work in your situation, but if you supply a prefix
to bbdb-insert-new-field, it will disable checking for North American phone
number syntax.  See the doc string for bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p:

  *Set this to nil if you want to enter phone numbers that aren't the same
  syntax as those in North America (that is, [[1] nnn] nnn nnnn ['x' n*]).
  If this is true, then some error checking is done so that you can't enter
  incorrect phone numbers, and all phone numbers are pretty-printed the same
  way.  European phone numbers don't have as strict a syntax, however, so
  this is a harder problem for them (on which I am punting).
  
  You can have both styles of phone number in your database by providing a
  prefix argument to the bbdb-insert-new-field command.

-- 
   Mike Hucka ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
   University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

Reply via email to