"Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

Further, I don't understand how to get the bbdb/gnus-show-sender to add
unknown addresses; i.e. the 2.35 manual explains that:

> `:'
>      (`bbdb/package-show-sender') Displays the BBDB entry corresponding
>      to the author of the current message.  If there is none, you will
>      be asked whether to create one.  The function called is
>      `bbdb/package-show-sender', where `package' is either `gnus',
>      `mh', `rmail', or `vm', depending on the mail or news program
>      being used when the command is invoked.

However, browsing the lisp code, I assume that the following is actually
invoked (?) which seems to simply return nothing if the sender is not
found, as opposed to adding the sender:

> (defun bbdb/gnus-summary-sender-in-bbdb (header)
>   "Given a Gnus message header, return a mark if the poster is in the BBDB,
> \" \" otherwise.  The mark itself is the value of the field indicated
> by `bbdb/gnus-message-marker-field' (`mark-char' by default) if the indicated
> field
> is in the poster's record, and `bbdb/gnus-summary-known-poster-mark'
> otherwise."

Is there something I am missing here, as I believe there ought to be a
fast and easy method to do exactly what is stated in the manual;
i.e. look up an address, and if it doesn't exist, volunteer to add it.

Regards

--
Johnny