At 09:34 -0700 12/18/09, Doug McNutt wrote:
>At 09:54 -0500 12/18/09, Patrick Woolsey wrote:
>>Doug McNutt <dougl...@macnauchtan.com> sez:
>>
>>>System 10.3.9 with BBEdit 8.5. Can't go higher without new hardware.
>>>
>>>I had a disk failure and had to restart a bunch of stuff and now my
>>>worksheets have all been converted from tcsh to bash. How can I get back?
>>>My .tcshrc file is getting executed when Terminal.app comes up in tcsh at
>>>login time.
>>>
>>>Even recovered backup copies from an OS 7.5 box now come up in bash.
>>

>>Shell worksheets use your default shell, so that probably changed during
>>the system restore. (IIRC in 10.3, the default switched from tcsh to bash.)
>>
>>To adjust this, use 'chsh', e.g.
>>
>>chsh -s /bin/tcsh your_username
>
>Nope. Worksheets, but  not Terminal.app, come up with bash. I had previously
>set tcsh using the netinfo manager and chsh reports that it changed the
>netinfo database.
>
>More to the support address.
>--

It's over 9 hours later and I have nothing but experiment with BBEdit and
friends.
 I may have a solution though:

defaults write com.barebones.bbedit Services:DefaultUnixShell /bin/tcsh
defaults write com.barebones.bbedit State:UseResourceFork -bool YES

May have solved the problem but I'm not sure if BBEdit will still work for
another user who has his shell pointed elsewhere.  com.barebones.bbedit does
not appear in the Library directory of my home folder.  I shall look for it
some more in the morning. Start with man defaults. Does anyone use worksheets
in Tiger and above?

It's likely that those preference items were previously set in an older version
of BBEdit and they were carried on in version 8.5.2.

It is definitely NOT true that BBEdit defaults to the user's shell. I wonder if
it ever did?

Nighty night.
--
--> So do we celebrate the start of a new decade at the end of this year? Or do
the tens start at in January 2011? Was the first year, 0000 ACE, assigned Roman