On Jan 14, 2010, at 4:28 PM, jan wrote:

> I love the balance command in BBEdit and would like to have the same
> functionality within strings. By a string I mean anything that is
> surrounded by quotes (\' or \").

BBEdit's behavior seems to depend on the source language. With BBEdit's source
language set to HTML or PHP, I am able to double-click on quotes to balance
them. However, if I change the source language to "(none)", I can no longer
double-click to balance quotes.

If you end up writing your own script, you're welcome to have a look at my
Toggle Quotes script for some ideas on how to select quoted strings:

http://www.dennisrande.com/downloads/Toggle%20Quotes.zip

Hope this helps.

-Dennis