On Oct 7, 2010, at 11:18 PM, Greg Reyna wrote:

> I've got a bunch of text files from an old Amiga computer that the Mac sees 
> as Unix Executable Files.  All I want to do is open them then save them as 
> BBEdit text files so they will open correctly when I dbl-click on them.  I'm 
> afraid that if I use Info:Change All to have them open with BBEdit, I will 
> inadvertently mess up files somewhere on this machine that need to remain 
> Unix Executable Files. It's easy enough to put them all in one folder…



Since they appear as Unix Executable Files, they presumably have no file name 
extensions. So add one, .txt or something appropriate. Without an extension, 
Change All is unlikely to work anyway. And the notion of "save as BBEdit files" 
is pretty much obsolete under Snow Leopard since Creator Codes are no longer 
honored. Even if you are not using 10.6 yet, relying on Creator codes is just 
moving from one obsolete system to another.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to