ill look into that. I think the tag example was bad because mostly I am not
trying to do this with code snippets.

I have a huge clippings library on dropbox for all my workstations,

I have found that sometimes the clipping auto complete is context sensitive.
I wish it werent so 'smart' as I like to mix my types for type testing, code
checking etc. like before I can  start typing php_preg_repl.... I have to
save the document as a php document. I guess I can use scratchpad for this?

I do like the select,  clippings replace, then paste option though.

cheers.bo



On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Tim Gray <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM -0700, Bo wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to paste / wrap.
>>
>> for example, I select the word 'frack' in an html document is it
>> somehow possible for me to copy <strong></strong> tags, then paste
>> 'over' the selected text to wrap the selected text with the tags?
>>
>
> You can do this with clippings.  Select some text, trigger your clipping,
> and have the selected text appear in between your tags - if the clipping is
> defined in that manner.
>
> However, if you working with HTML, there's a much better way to do this.
>  Use the Markup->Tag Maker command.  I have it bound to cmd-m.  It's a life
> saver with html.  Select your text, hit cmd-m, start typing in 'strong'
> until you get the right element in the popup and hit enter.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "BBEdit Talk"
> discussion group on Google Groups.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> <http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
> If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please
> email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
> Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to