Hey There, On Apr 25, 2011, at 10:33, bluemoon wrote: > Recently, I have noticed that when I click on the BBEdit icon in the Dock, > the BBEdit project window I have open does not come into focus - i.e., it > doesn't appear on top of other open windows. To bring it back into focus, I > have to hide any other windows which may be obscuring it and then click on > the BBEdit window.
Other *non-BBEdit* windows? Does BBEdit in fact become frontmost? > I have also noticed that if I right-click on the BBEdit icon in the Dock, > "Application Not Responding" appears at the top of the context menu. That's obviously a problem. > Not sure if this behavior started after a recent update to the Mac OS or > following the last update to BBEdit (whenever that was). I have a MacBook Pro > 2.66 GHz Core i7 with 8 GB memory running Mac OS 10.6.7. My license of BBEdit > appears to be current at version 9.6.3 (2890). I have virtually this exact set-up, except I'm still limping along on 4GBs of memory. BBEdit 9.6.3 (2890) of Mon, 10 Jan 2011 is working just fine for me. Has this behavior persisted through a system reboot? I'd suggest that you trash the app, reinstall, and see what happens. If that doesn't fix anything then quit the app, move your preferences to the desktop, relaunch, and see what happens. Remember that there are prefs in both the 'Application Support' folder and the 'Preferences' folder. On some rare occasions after a system update I've had to repair permissions to get things running properly again. I generally use AppleJack in single-user mode and let it do the works. http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15667/applejack If you still have no joy then contact support: <[email protected]> -- Best Regards, Chris -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the "BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at <http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en> If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>
