Hi,

Am 26.07.2011 um 03:22 schrieb Wrong Size Glass:

> On Jul 25, 8:53 pm, Rich Siegel <sie...@barebones.com> wrote:
>> Every other section in a project window can be collapsed -- or
>> hidden entirely; that may be worth a try. (See the View menu.)
>
> Rich, I know the other sections can be collapsed. The problem is that
> not every file I have open in a project window is part of that
> project, and repeatedly expanding & collapsing sections to find what
> I'm looking for is just awkward.

When I drag some files from the Finder on the BBEdit icon I get a MDI window
without a Project section in the File List and "Currently open windows" taking
up almost all the height. If a file belongs to an already open project it goes
to that window instead. I don't know if it takes a specific combination of
settings to achieve this but it sounds that the behavior you want may be
already there.

To add my two cents to the "new window discussion": I find v10's window
handling a major improvement to the older versions. In the older versions
project-unrelated windows kept opening in existing projects, messing them up
and forcing me to shuffle windows around manually. That doesn't happen anymore.
The project files "feel" much more separated and I'm much more confident to
find a specific window when I'm looking for it.

It would be a nice option to have a collapsable project section in the file
list though. I guess, a future update will eventually bring this together with
the ability to resize the sections.

Have a nice day,
Roland