On 2 Sep 2011, at 10:52 AM, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> Hi, why doesn't the cursor move when I page up and down in a file? I'm
> always catches by paging to the place I need and start typing, which
> results in BBedit jumping back to the still old actual line... how can
> I change this.

As for why, Mac applications have behaved like this since 1984. On a terminal
editor like emacs, there is no distinction between browsing a file and moving
the insertion location because terminals don't have a concept of a cursor that
isn't on the screen. The Mac design is that you shouldn't have to lose your
place in your work just because you wanted to look elsewhere in your document.

If you use option-arrow up or down, you'll move the insertion point by a
screenful.

> And, it would be nice to add CMD+V without any selection to copy the
> whole current line.

If I may venture to say, you'll be miserable switching between any other
application and BBEdit. Cmd-V is "Paste." People want to paste things into
their documents even when the selection (there is always a selection) is empty.

I guess it might be possible to construct an AppleScript command to see if the
selection is empty, find the line's contents, and copy them; or paste if the
selection isn't empty. Then you could reassign cmd-V to the script.

        — F