> On Aug 9, 2014, at 1:31 AM, Robert A. Rosenberg <rar...@banet.net> wrote:

> That is one of my suggested solution methods. If when a change is done and
> you have the ability to see the original and replacement spelling, an
> automatic search and replace (ie: The same thing as occurs if you do a manual
> search/replace-all). My other suggested method is if you can get the old/new
> spelling is when the next misspelled word is found then check the list of
> spelling pairs and instead of calling the spell checker routine to just do
> the replace and jump to the next misspelled word.

> I do not know. I am just doing design suggestions for them to review and
> accept/reject. Sometimes when you do not know the internals you see possible
> solutions that are not obvious to more knowledgeable people - ie: The "Forest
> for the Trees" scenario.
>
> If you see a word being changed, you can always stop the spell check and do
> the manual search/replace-all before going back to spell checking. I KNOW you
> want an automatic correct-all solution but this might work. There is also the
> solution of using a dedicated Spell Checker like "Spell Catcher" which does
> do a replace-all.

Yes, I had considered stopping the spell checker and performing a global search
and replace. However, as I said, following that process for multiple misspelled
words would not only be tedious, but rather time-consuming as well.

Considering purchasing a third party spell checker also is out of the question,
as it defeats the purpose of owning BBEdit. My thought is that I should not
have to invest money in yet another app in order to get this done properly and
efficiently.

BBEdit is the only text editor that I use — I’ve used it for years — even
though I do have both TextEdit and MS Word — yes, I know, the latter is really
a word processor — on my hard drive. I rarely use either. In contrast, I use
BBEdit every single day, and quite extensively My entire website depends on it.

Well, I guess we will just have to see how Rich and company respond to all of
these ideas. Hopefully, they will come up with something positive and workable
in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your input.