> On Dec 19, 2015, at 8:45 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary
> <jean.christophe.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was wondering why the left margin text on the odd pages of the PDF manual
> is much wider than it is on the even pages.

When it is printed two-sided, page 2 will be on the back of page 1, page 4 on
the back of page 3, etc. When the printed pages are stacked, every page will
have a wider strip on the physically left side of the stack. That wider strip
is for binding (for example, if you punch the pages and place them in a
three-hole binder).