On Jan 26, 2016, at 03:44, Simon Allen <simon.sal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am anew to BBEdit.  I want to insert add a space every 5 characters of a
> text file and then group every 2000 characters as a separate page.

Hello Simon,

This is simple using a Perl text filter (see text filters in the user manual).

#! /usr/bin/env perl -0777 -nsw

s!.{5}!$&     !g;
s!.{2000}!$&\n\n¶\n\n!gs;
print;

However the devil is in the details.

What exactly do you mean by every 5 characters?

Does this include horizontal and/or vertical whitespace?

What do you mean by page?  Pagination?  Or a separate document?

What is your source data like?

10,000 characters or 10 Terabytes?

Can you provide a sample?

--