> On May 20, 2016, at 4:39 PM, Frank Eves <drfranke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know some/many of the quotations appear more than once. I'd like to
> eliminate the duplicates. Assuming those duplicate lines are exactly the
> same, is there any possibility that 'Process Duplicate Lines…' can save me a
> lot of time? If not, can anyone suggest a feasible solution?

If the identical quotations are adjacent in the file, then Process Duplicate
Lines will do exactly what you want. (Just check Delete duplicate lines.)

If they aren’t adjacent, then just sort the file first, and then they will be
adjacent.

If they aren’t adjacent, and you want to maintain their order in the file, then
you want to (1) AdD line numbers; (2) Sort the file, IGNORING the line numbers
(you need to use the Searching pattern option in the sort dialog); (3) Process
duplicate lines; (4) Sort the file again, this time sorting on the line
numbers; (5) Remove the line numbers.

Regards,
Neil Faiman