Hello Rod,

Thank you so much! Finally, it works! I had to set it to U.S. English.

So what I have learned from this, is that the preferred language setting in
“Language & Region” only sets the language for menus, dialogs, etc.

For actual spelling language — as in for a text editor -- I need to go to
Keyboard/Text.

Again, thank you.

Bill Kochman