shuf requires coreutils which is not in macOS by default. You can install it
with homebrew.

sort -R seems to be available in recent versions of macOS (the man page
indicates a 2015 date).

There is also a solution with Perl as given here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2153882/how-can-i-shuffle-the-lines-of-a-text-file-on-the-unix-command-line-or-in-a-shel

Jean-Christophe

Jean-Christophe Helary
@brandelune http://mac4translators.blogspot.com