I just installed the HTML5 Tidy binary from the website, and created a text
filter thusly:

#!/bin/bash
> tidy -clean -indent -utf8

Invoking this against the current front-most document runs Tidy on your
HTML, replaces the existing HTML with the Tidy version, and generates a
page listing errors and information. Haven't figured out how to suppress
the errors and information page without defining a separate config file,
but if that's important to do you can experiment.