I think I have the same question. Specifically, in CSS (editing a .css
file), the declaration used to be colored but isn't anymore now that I've
upgraded to v.12.

.classname {
  background: #000000;
}

Right now, .classname is black and #000000 is colored as expected, but
"background" is also black and shouldn't be.

In the preferences there appears to only be a color choice for "Color
Specification."

What's weird, is that if I start typing, for example:

background

it is colored as I would expect (greenish), but as soon as I type the ":"
(which is necessary) the word turns back to black. I'm using the BBEdit
Light color scheme.

thanks,
-Kevin