> defaults write com.barebones.bbedit ProjectsListCanAcquireKeyboardFocus
-bool YES

Patrick, thank you. Now I have to struggle with whether I actually like
this or not. Because the Project sidebar is instant-activation, by which I
mean, it opens the file as soon as it's highlighted. So if I want to arrow
down 10 files to open the 10th, I wind up opening 1–10. On first
experiment, I opened 30 files in 1.5 seconds, unintentionally. ("This is
why it's not enabled by default behavior", Patrick thinks to himself.)

However, playing with this in the Currently open documents pane, that I've
liked a lot.

> CMD + OPT + Left or Right Arrow Key

David! How are you. Do you write your books in BBEdit? Thanks for the note.
I had this set to Opt+Cmd+ [ & ] -- mimicking the browser shortcut to
switch between open tabs. I just switched it to use the arrow keys after
realizing that combo is not a text control combo like opt+right-arrow or
cmd+right-arrow. I'll try this for a bit and see how it feels. Thanks!

> Any tricks for getting the focus on the [project’s] file list WITHOUT
having to click on it (i.e., without taking our hands off the keyboard)? We
want to save EVERY calorie that we can.

Yes, sir, Alfredo! Ever since I read this one StackOverflow post about Vim
years ago, I've been on a quest to use BBEdit in a similar fashion… when
I'm in code, I want to pretend the mouse does not exist (or in my case,
trackpad.)

> Control-Tab
> Control-Shift-Tab

Thank you, Chris! This one is completely new to me.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Best,
~brian
@briandigital