This isn't a direct answer to your question, but is how I gain sanity in
these regards:

I use the Windows palette, and close/reopen it was needed.

>From the Window menu, choose Palettes -> Windows

It will list all open windows in alphabetical order, then add new ones to
the bottom.

This is perfect, for me, and when I have too much crap at the bottom, I
close windows I don't need anymore, then might close & re-open the pallet
itself if I want everything re-ordered.

Based on what I see in the dock menu, I'm not at all sure BBEdit has
control over the first section, but the rest seem to be in alpha order, for
me (BBEdit 12.1.2)

Hope this is useful.