Well, _something_ like that :)

Here's something closer to what you want, if you want to embed the CSS in
the html page itself.
----------------

<!DOCTYPE html>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Sandcastle Condo Community</TITLE>

  body{

     font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;

     background-color: #FFFFFF;

     color: #000000;

  }

  a:visited{

    color: #FF0000;

  }

  a:link{

    color: #0000FF;

  }

  a:active{

    color: #000088;

 }

</HEAD>

--------------

Differences to note:

1. Since you have defined the format of BODY in the <STYLE> section, you
don't have to specify it in the BODY tag itself. In fact: Don't.

2. The ALINK and VLINK tags are officially not supported in the latest
version of HTML (HTML 5). Instead, you should define the various states of
a link (i.e., the <A> tag) with a colon and then the keywords as shown (I
think).

3. The <STYLE> ... </STYLE> tags should be nested within the <HEAD> tag,
which means both <STYLE> tags come *before* the closing of the HEAD tag
(</HEAD>).

4. I added a standard document type declaration as the first line.

Note that I'm no expert in CSS, and undoubtedly more knowledgeable people
on this list are going to want to correct and polish this. Also, I've never
posted anything without making at least one embarrassing mistake.

Good luck.

David