On 04/13/2018, at 14:17, Patrick Woolsey <pwool...@barebones.com
<mailto:pwool...@barebones.com>> wrote:
>> What's an EditorConfig?
>
> What Rich just said :-) or for background plus some BBEdit-specific details,
> please see the "EditorConfig" section on page 46-47 of the current user
> manual  (via Help -> User Manual).

Or save this script into your BBEdit scripts folder as a .sh file with a title
like “06)Open BBEdit User Manual in Preview.sh”, and give it a keyboard
shortcut in BBEdit's “Menus and Shortcuts” preferences like
Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift-M.

#! /usr/bin/env bash
# ----------------------------------------------------------------
# Auth: Christopher Stone
# dCre: 2014/01/02 18:46
# dMod: 2014/08/31 23:04
# Task:
# Tags: @Shell, @Script, @Open, @BBEdit, @User, @Manual, @Preview
# ----------------------------------------------------------------
# Open BBEdit User Manual in Preview

cd ~/Library/'Application Support/BBEdit/'
open -a Preview "$('ls' -1 'BBEdit User Manual'*.pdf | sed -n '$p')"

~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Scripts/

That puts you one keystroke away from your user manual.

One caveat - it won't download the newest version of the manual like Help -->
User Manual will.

Personally I use a Keyboard Maestro macro to very simply solve that little
issue:

Keyboard Maestro isn't cheap at $36.00 U.S., but it's probably saved me
man-years of time and reduced my RSI issues by more than half.

Then again there's a free alternative using AppleScript and System Events.

Save this script using the Applescript Editor.app in BBEdit's scripts folder,
and give it a keyboard shortcut:

# Auth: Christopher Stone
# dCre: 2018/04/14 07:40
# dMod: 2018/04/14 07:44
# Appl: BBEdit, System Events
# Task: Open BBEdit User Manual in Default PDF Viewer Application.
# Libs: None
# Osax: None
# Tags: @Applescript, @Script, @BBEdit, @System_Events, @Open, @BBEdit, @User,
@Manual, @Default, @PDF, @Viewer, @Application

tell application "System Events"
    tell application process "BBEdit"
        tell menu bar 1
            tell menu bar item "Help"
                tell menu 1
                    tell menu item "User Manual"
                        perform action "AXPress"
                    end tell
                end tell
            end tell
        end tell
    end tell
end tell

This will most likely work only with English language systems, but I'm happy to
help convert it if needed.

The moral of the story?

While Google is your friend, it's good to start with the actual user manual.

And don't forget — you can search BBEdit's menus for commands with the Search
field in the Help menu.

Cmd-Shift-? gets you there in a hurry.

--
Best Regards,