On 10 Jul 2018, at 21:31, Maya Gail Taylor wrote:

So instead of this:

Line 1

Line 2

I get this:

Line 1
Line 2

However, if I do the very same text in Text Edit and copy into Wix, it
works just fine.

Could someone tell me what I change on BBEdit so that I don't lose line
breaks when I copy/paste?

My guess: Wix does some fancy cleanup of pasted text and when you copy from Text Edit you don't copy plain text but rich text where Wix finds something to indicate that there should be empty lines there-

Without knowing how Wix works it's difficult to say how you should do this ... one wild suggestion (I've never tried Wix myself) is to see if Wix have some plain text format (I assume you paste into a rich text field). If so, try switching to that and then paste the text, then see if that worked.

= jem

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email