On 12 Sep 2018, at 06:44, Stephen Lien <sl2bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess if that is the philosophy that BBEdit goes by,

That was John Griner. the author of Markdown, not BBEdit.

> then we have to either deal with it or look elsewhere.  Kinda sad that this
> is the state. One can view this as an excuse for not keeping up with the
> where markdown as moved to. Yes the original doesn't have all these
> extensions, but I think a lot of markdown software try to accommodate how
> markdown has evolved.

Markdown has NOT evolved. John Gruber wrote Markdown, his spec is the only spec
for Markdown. Many people have made forks, and (annoyingly) many of these
people call their custom flavor/branch/variant Markdown, but anything that is
not to John's spec is not Markdown, it's something else.

It'd be a bit like if you made a fork of gcc and called it gcc, to you own fork
of vi and instead of naming it "vim" you just named it vi.

--
How do I set my laser printer to "STUN"?

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>