On 01/12/2019, at 19:32, Dj <futurevint...@gmail.com
<mailto:futurevint...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> I'm only trying to change space between words and not carriage returns and
> all that. So far I've tried placing this in the scripts folder:
>
> perl -pe 's/ +/ /g'

Hey Dj,

All shell scripts have to have a legitimate shebang line identifying what kind
of script is to run.

In your case if you want to run at Perl one-liner you need to id your script as
Bash (or another shell that runs Perl).

This will work:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
perl -pe 's/\h+/ /g'

I've changed your <space> to \h for horizontal whitespace.

--
Best Regards,
Chris

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>