I have a correction to make. I don't think there's actually any way to
escape the spaces or quote the folder names in list like this, so if you
need to use folder names with spaces (something I avoid, btw) what you need
to do is to remove the space charater from the $IFS environment variable,
e.g.
IFS='
'

Then run the mkdir `cat foldernames.txt` command.
close your session as further operations that depend on $IFS may yield
unexpected results.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 11:10:49 PM UTC-5, Dave wrote:

> If you have a space in a folder name, you’ll get two folders unless you
> quote it. Not what I’d call “blowing up.”
>
> I only tried it with 330 names. I’m sure there’s a limit, but I don’t know
> what it is. If you need more folders, make more lists. Or use a loop if it
> makes you happy.

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>