I thought I’d write a little script to set BBEdit into distraction free mode:

So far I can:

- Hide the nav and gutter and sidebar line numbers
- Set the wrap mode I like
- Set magnification, smart quotes, etc

via AppleScript.

However, I can’t:

- hide the text status bar (the bottom thing),
- or the right-side scroll bar.

- The Text Window properties have a “show status bar” prop — setting this
generates an error.

- Prefs -> Appearance -> Text Status Bar: unchecking all works — AppleScript
accessible?

Question: Is there a way to revert the right-side scroll bar to “auto hide”
like all the other windows on macOS? (I tried unchecking 'show spelling' or
‘find' ticks — no go. Couldn’t find an Expert Pref for it either.)

Question: Is there a way to change preferences via AppleScript? Do I need to
use System Events with key commands or guess property names? (They don’t show
up in Script Debugger’s explorer or object model).

Thanks for any help!

Keith
version 12.6 (412025, 64-bit, sandboxed)

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>